Selko receives regular requests for solutions to the most diverse problems regarding raw material and feed preservation, microbial contamination,and animal health, and nutritional quality.
The professional advice offered on the spot and our highly sophisticated chemical and microbiological laboratory have established our worldwide fame. A team effort involving our dedicated R&D department and a team of local technicians ensures our customers have access to a genuine ‘specialist in controlling micro-organisms’.
What our laboratory can do for you
- Customer support / analysis of all kind of products (e.g. compound
feed, liquid feeding, by-products, water, faeces etc.).
- Control on end product quality and on incoming materials.
- Microbiological activity (several bacteria can be tested for)
- Identification of microbial species
- Minimum inhibitory concentration test
- Preservation studies in raw materials, compound feed and
Physical / chemical analysis
- NIR (Near Infra Red Spectophotometry) for end product control,
troubleshooting and control of incoming materials.
- Buffering capacity
- Water activity (Aw)
- Shelf life test (stress test)
- Lactic acid content
Selko lab has good contact with Masterlab (Nutreco Laboratory) , an accreditated lab (RvA) on which Selko can rely, and which can perform many further analyses. Research and close contacts with institutes and universities
ensure access to the latest developments in all aspects of the livestock industry: hygiene, environment, quality control and innovative technologies.
Our lab is accredited by the PMLF for providing traineeships to lab analyst students. A few students per year are given the opportunity to receive practical training on microbiology analysis and perform day-to-day activities to improve their skills.